WILL AND DOCUMENT STORAGE
We offer an optional service that, in return for a modest subscription, provides a number of additional benefits:
- Secure fireproof storage for Legal Documents (including Wills and Title Deeds).
- Durable ‘executor cards’ for you to give to your chosen executors containing details of the storage and whereabouts of your Will
- Access to your documents normally within 24 hours.
- Documents returned by tracked delivery at no additional charge.
- Unlike many banks, there is no additional charge for withdrawing documents.
Stephens Wilmot provides a safe, dry and secure Will storage facility. Testators have a lot invested in their Wills – not just the costs of having it professionally written, but also the effects it will have when probate is required. It is important not to keep such an important document with your papers at home where the Will could be lost, destroyed inadvertently or even on purpose. Fires, floods and thefts do happen and risk of loss is increased at stressful times such as moving home.
If your Will is lost or damaged after death (or if you have lost testamentary capacity), your estate might be dealt with under the terms of a previous Will or the rules of intestacy.